Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where I Am Today

It has been over three years since I last wrote in this blog and so much has changed in my life. I started this blog while in college to have a place to vent and write but ended up not having enough time for it. Now I can't help but feel that I have too much time on my hands for this stage in my life.
I graduated college in May and here I am still working a part time job at basically minimum wage. There are days I feel like a failure and days I feel I am doing the best I can in an economy that is kind to almost no one. I want to hold on to hope every second of every day but it is so hard. My fiance and I currently live with my parents and it is definitely a strain on our relationship but we have no choice. He just started a job so hopefully soon things will start to turn around. My last two checks were just enough to pay bills that were due which I look at as a blessing but still, it hurts. Without the support of my fiance and my friends, I don't know that I wouldn't slip right back into the depression that engulfed my life two years ago.
There have been times in my life that were a struggle I thought would never end and as I continue to write this blog, I may share more about the things that have shaped me into the woman I am today. I hold fast to faith, family, friends and the love of my life to overcome and move through things that at one time would have broken me in two.
Time marches on and we must move with it, letting go is one of the hardest lessons I had to learn in my struggles and still must continue to learn. I know this is a lot of rambling but that is how my life is these days, a jumble.

More to come

0 comments: