Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Answered Prayers

On Tuesday I received the phone call that I have been waiting 1 year and 4 months to receive. I missed it but on my voicemail I hear "Jennifer, I have some good news for you, call me as soon as you get this." Immediately I start freaking out and I call back and soon enough I have been offered a full time position in a lab using my education. I could barely contain myself while on the phone as he was explaining the next steps to me. I get off the phone and immediately rush to Matt and jump on him and hug him screaming "I got it! I got the job!" And then I start to cry, tears of relief and joy. It is only a contract position for 18 months but it is with a respectable company and gives me professional experience which is what almost every other interview seems to think I am lacking.

After my initial joy came the stress and worry as it usually does. We now need another car. I need new clothes. More gas money to spend. Changing my availability at my part time job as I am going to keep it for the time being. Spending less time with Matt and what that means for us. Changing my sleep schedule. And on and on. But I feel beyond blessed and relieved to have finally been given an opportunity to prove my skills and contribute more financially to Matt and I's future. We may be able to move out now and start our lives together as a couple without my parents or sister always around. More opportunities to just be us.

I am feeling sleepy and should have went to bed a while ago as I need to start going to bed earlier blah.

0 comments: